Paris – the Dream of any Street Photographer
In spite of
* an increasing Disneyfication of admirable sights
* a banalization beyond recognition of distinctive localities
* a growing McDonaldization
Paris still possesses inexhaustible inspiration.
As to that, the many people, inhabitants, tourists
- play a conspicuous role
Using the traditional sights as the background Jan Bisbjerg focuses on the people of Paris making the people the attractions.
Paris - nothing but loveable?
The city has got it all:
From the most sublime propositions of art
through sense-bombarding culinary experiences and an efficient traffic infrastructure
to inspiring shopping-possibilities and fascinating urban environments.
My answer as a frequent visitor of Paris through more than 40 years is evident.
I will quote Henrik the 4th, saying:
“Paris is well worth a (photographic) Mass”.
Obviously, Paris has changed through the 40 years. For the time being I will limit myself to pick out a single matter, namely the increasing Disneyfication, that the city has undergone.
Tourists from all over the world flock to the classical sights of Paris, resulting in long queues outside the entrances, peddling of inferior souvenirs on squares and in parks, substandard restaurants occupying whole quarters, boulevards banalized beyond recognition ...
* It doesnít change the fact, that Paris still possesses challenging, inspiring and pleasing qualities.
* Unending, as well are the inspirations that can be pulled of from the Parisians themselves and from the many French and international tourists.